Job Title: Senior Brewer
Location: Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
Carlow Brewing Company is a leading Irish craft brewery and has a busy operation in Bagenalstown, Co, Carlow brewing the O’Hara’s brand range, Boyne Brewhouse brand range, craft cider production and running various innovation and development projects.
Opportunity: If you want to be part of a dynamic, ambitious team this may be the role for you. The Senior Brewer will be responsible for the day to day management of the brewing operation and will also play a lead role in innovation and development.
Responsibilities to include:
- Supervise brewing, cellaring and centrifugation/filtration (via brew shift team leaders) and liaising with packaging to maintain smooth operation
- Part of planning team
- Brew planning based on packaging demand
- Monitor raw materials/stocks and initiate orders where needed in liaison with Supply Chain Manager
- Overseeing record keeping and compliance with manufacturing standards.
- Play a leading role in new product development, innovation and product/process improvements
- Trouble shooting in brewery & liaising maintenance team to keep equipment in good working order
- Liaise with Quality Dept to ensure best quality of beers and ciders
- Assist with recruitment and induction (to brew team)
- Contact for key suppliers
- Overseeing the brewing facility at Urban Brewing in Dublin
- Liaising with our offsite cider facility and oversight of cider blending and formulation
Working within a busy environment with some of Ireland’s most innovative brands, we offer a competitive salary package commensurate to experience and aptitude. Interested applicants should apply to email@example.com.