Job Title: Production Packaging Manager
Location: Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
Carlow Brewing Company, also known as O’Hara’s Brewery, is an independent, family-owned business established in 1996 and one of the pioneers of Irish craft brewing.
Carlow Brewing Company brands include our O’Hara’s Irish Craft Beer range, Devils Bit Mountain Cider and Falling Apple Cider, which we distribute together with a complimentary range of International Brands.
Opportunity: We are currently looking for a Production Manager to oversee our packaging processes, to coordinate all related activities, to plan production and team schedules etc and to ensure workflow meets required deadlines in a cost effective and efficient manner.
This is a leadership role, and the successful candidate will lead the packaging operations so as to enable the team to deliver quality products in line with company operating procedures through a process of involvement and direct personal influence. As part of the management team, you will encourage and inspire company change management initiatives to continually improve both site and process operations to improve quality and efficiency.
Responsibilities would include:
- Liaising with wider management team to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Preparing and implementing the packaging plan in line with flow processes to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Ensuring the smooth running of all production lines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc
- Enforce health and safety precautions
Requirements and skills:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Deep knowledge of production management
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and SAP or similar systems
Working within a busy environment with some of Ireland’s most innovative brands, we offer a competitive salary package commensurate to experience and aptitude. Interested applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org