Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow
Reporting directly to the CEO, and based at our brewery in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow, you will be an integral part of the Company’s management team.
Carlow Brewing Company brands include our O’Hara’s Irish Craft Beer range, Boyne Brewhouse, Devils Bit Mountain Cider, Falling Apple Cider, which we distribute together with a complimentary range of International Brands. Carlow Brewing Company, also known as O’Hara’s Brewery, is an independent, family-owned business established in 1996 and one of the pioneers of Irish craft brewing.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, Revenue Recognition, etc
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements, board packs etc
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with statutory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- External relationships (e.g. Revenue, Banks, Auditor, financial advisors, etc.)
- Reviewing the accounts system and recommending/implementing improvements and controls
- Liaise with other staff on projects like Lean Program and FSSC (or equivalent) implementation
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or CEO
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Similar experience in the production and supply industry is an advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP or similar package is desirable with excellent IT skills.
- Experience in team management with excellent leadership skills.
- Ambitious, hardworking and driven to achieve targets.
- CPA or equivalent accountancy qualification is required.
What can you expect from Carlow Brewing Company?
- Work with a dynamic company with some of Ireland’s most innovative brands.
- Working with latest technology in an innovative environment.
- Experience of working with both domestic and international business partners.
- Competitive package commensurate to experience.
- Applications to email@example.com