O’Hara’s Brewery | Carlow Brewing Company, established in 1996, is Ireland’s leading craft brewery. We continue to evolve and expand our offerings, not only through our award-winning craft beer range from our brewery in Carlow and our Urban brewery in Dublin (Urban Brewing) but also through our Falling Apple Cider House and our partner brands collection under our Radical Drinks portfolio.
We are now hiring a Brewer to join our team in Bagenalstown, Co. Carlow.
About the role:
You will be working within the brewing team in a busy production environment. Possessing a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and knowledge of beer styles, duties will include:
- Executing the necessary production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, bright beer handling, cellaring, blending, packaging
- Ensuring all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by Head brewer
- Follow best practice and safety requirements dutifully
- Maintaining brewing, clarification, and other related records in an organized and complete manner
- Attending brewery staff meetings as required
- Cleaning and sanitizing all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
- Maintain healthy communication within the company and related departments including QA/QC, Packaging, Tasting Room etc.
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner
- Ability to work and communicate well with all staff
- Work on a shift cycle as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Brewer/Management
- Experience in a similar role
- Flexible to working schedule
- Open to receiving training and willingness to learn
- Good communicator and excellent teamwork skills
- Positive attitude, process orientated and enjoy working within a diverse environment
- On-site carpark
- Canteen facilities
- Training provided
- Pay rates commensurate with experience
To apply send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com