Traditional dry Irish stout at 4.3% ABV.
Think of Irish beers and you think of Stout! Drink an O’Hara’s and you are drinking a “True Irish Stout”! Carrying the family name of the brewery founders, this multi-award winning traditional dry Irish stout, deep black colour with a reddish hue when held to the light, pours with a thick creamy head that is almost tan in colour. The Irish Times wrote of O’Hara’s, “...anyone with a stout memory will find that the crispness and lucidity of O’Hara’s evokes the pleasures of nostalgia almost as much as the pleasure of drinking. This award-winning full-bodied and luxuriously smooth dry Irish Stout brings one back to how Irish stouts used to taste”. (Irish Times quote from 2000)
Description: Traditional dry Irish stout at 4.3% ABV.
Excellent with Seafood particularly shellfish and smoked salmon.
INDUSTRY AWARDS & ACCOLADES:
- The Irish Times wrote of O’Hara’s, “...anyone with a stout memory will find that the crispness and lucidity of O’Hara’s evokes the pleasures of nostalgia almost as much as the pleasure of drinking”.
- Jan. 2009 – Silver Medal at the BTI World Beer Championships – Chicago, USA.
- 2008: No.1 Beer at the Milan Beer Festival (cask-conditioned).
- 2008: Bronze Medal at the Stockholm Beer Festival.
- 2000: Winner of the overall Championship Trophy and two Gold medal winner at the Millennium International Brewing Industry Awards. O’Hara’s Irish Stout was bestowed these coveted honours by 33 international brewing experts in a blind-tasting format.
- O’Hara’s Irish Stout has also received accolades from the CAMRA group for its cask conditioned version.
- Critically acclaimed by such renowned beer critics as the late Michael Jackson and John McKenna, author of Ireland’s Bridgestone Guide.